The Convergence Innovation Competition (CIC) is a unique competition open to all Georgia Tech students and is run in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Each year the categories in the CIC are defined by our Industry partners who provide mentorship, judging, and category specific resources which are often available exclusively to CIC competitors. While the competition is not tied to any specific course, competitors are often able to take advantage of class partnerships where lecture and lab content, guest lectures, and projects are aligned with competition categories. CIC Competitors are supported by GT-RNOC research assistants who provide technical support and shepherd teams through the competition process. The overarching goal of the CIC is to create innovative and viable products and experiences including a strong user experience and a business case. Winning entries will include a working end-to-end prototype which operates on converged services, media, networks, services, and platforms. CIC winners go on to commercialization, other competitions, as well as internship and job opportunities strengthened by their competition experience. CIC is an annual event produced by GT-RNOC and the Institute for People and Technology (IPaT).
For detailed announcements about events associated with the CIC be sure to subscribe via Twitter and Facebook.
Please contact the lab staff at email@example.com for any questions or support needs.
- Draft proposals and videos due for early feedback from judges and the lab staff. This is not required, but is highly recommended.
- A one-week hangout with games, food, prizes, tutorials, feedback, and hacking! If you don't have plans for all of Spring Break or need some extra time to fine-tune your submission, come join us at the App Lab.
- Your submissions must include a running prototype and a product website with a pitch video.
- The requirements for submissions can be found here.
- 4 - 7 pm
- IPaT (6th floor Centergy building in Tech Square)
- Selected finalists will pitch their idea to a select group of industry judges and faculty experts.
TechSAge will be sponsoring a special award for Universal Design in home and community-based technologies as part of the CIC.